A flood can cause physical hazards and emotional stress. You need to look after yourself and your family as you focus on cleanup and repair.
When water damage occurs, you have to act quickly. Prompt mitigation efforts will reduce additional damage and mold growth. Our representatives will coordinate personnel to your home or office to stop the source of the problem and mitigate the water damage. We will analyze the extent of the damage and provide you and your insurance carrier with a repair protocol. Our certified experts will take into consideration moisture levels in materials and the air, mold, sewage, and more. Leads will provide you or your insurance adjuster with a detailed computerized estimate, then communicate with your insurance provider to obtain an agreement on the scope of repairs required.
Our staff at Leads are also experts in hazardous spills and have handled a variety of dangerous materials. These are unique situations that often require safety procedures to be followed due to environmental regulations. Having knowledgeable staff on hand is vital to expedite the cleanup process and restore the property. If you have had a hazardous spill, Leads Construction will ensure these efforts are conducted efficiently and appropriately.
Safety Hazards – Do Not Do The Following
- Enter any area with standing water
- Turn on lights in affected areas
- Use outlets in affected areas
- Walk on wet surfaces, if possible
- Turn on A/C or heating, as it could spread contamination
- Use your household vacuum to remove the excess water
- Use electrical appliances while standing on wet floor or carpets
- Stay in any rooms where the ceiling is sagging from trapped water
Precautions to Take After Water Damage or Flood
- Avoid floodwaters; water may be contaminated by oil, gasoline or raw sewage.
- Service damaged septic tanks, cesspools, pits and leaking systems as soon as possible. Damaged sewer systems are serious health hazards.
- Listen for news reports to learn whether the community’s water supply is safe to drink.
- Clean and disinfect everything that got wet. Mud left from floodwaters can contain sewage and chemicals.
- Rest often and eat well.
- Keep a manageable schedule. Make a list and do jobs one at a time.
- Discuss your concerns with others and seek help. Contact American Red Cross for information on emotional support available in your area.
When our building was damaged by fire, Leads made a tough time much easier. Their great staff and quality work enabled us to remain open during the repairs. We highly recommend Leads.
We are deeply touched and grateful that the house seems to have received your personal attention. There is nothing we would change.
Kapar and Rose
This is to thank you for the excellent job your crew did on the raccoon damage repairs in all the affected areas of our home. In spite of the damp weather delays the work was finished in time, which meant a lot to us.
Thank you so much! If a new roof can look beautiful, ours certainly does.
Paul & Maureen
They were fast, always on time, clean and very respectful. We would highly recommend Leads Construction Co., LLC to anyone.
We will never forget your kindness especially in the early stages of our ordeal. We have a new home now. You are great!!!!!
Thank you very much for all of your help. You and your company were great!
I was extremely pleased with the results and the quality of the work. The kitchen and basement look better than I could have ever imagined.